Buying the right pike spinning rod for pike fishing is one of the most important decisions to make when it comes to catching the Great Northern. However, many times, the need for a proper lure rod is overlooked.
So, if you are looking forward to buying a new pike fishing rod, you are in the right place. We have shortlisted some of the best spinning rods for pike that are currently trending in the market and will help you
Go through the product reviews below and see which rod is the right one for yourself.
Best pike spinning rods:
- St Croix Legend Tournament Walleye Fresh Water Spinning Rod (check price on Amazon) – Our pick!
- St Croix Mojo Inshore Spinning Rod (check price on Amazon)
- Ugly Stick Elite Spinning Rod (check price on Amazon)
- Ugly Stick Tiger Elite Spinning Fishing Rod (check price on Amazon)
- Fitzgerald Vursa Series Spinning Rods (check price on Amazon)
- Fenwicks Elite Tech Walleye Spinning Fishing Rod (check price on Amazon)
The Best Northern Pike Spinning Rod Ever
1. Legend Tournament Walleye Fresh Water Spinning Rod (by St Croix)
St Croix is one of the most reputable brands for spinning rods. For over 70 years they have been supplying the best quality products to their customers just like the famous Legend Tournament Walleye Fresh Water Spinning Rod. Their products are engineered to perfection and are also designed with the most advanced techniques. With St Croix spinning rods you are sure to have a great experience while pike fishing and getting that trophy pike to the shore.
This particular product is equipped with advanced reinforcing technology, which makes it one of the best pike lure rods in the market. Before you throw your money on this spinning, take a look at the features of the best northern pike spinning rod:
- It has integrated poly curve tooling technology.
- For durability and strength, it has high-strain SCIV graphite with FRS.
- The product also comes with corrosion control matte finish frames.
- Advanced reinforcing technology makes it the best out of the lot.
- It is designed and handcrafted in the USA.
- Made with advanced technology
- Manufactured by a reputed company
- Enhances fishing experience
- Corrosion control frames
- Highly durable
- Can easily break if stepped on
5 Best Pike Spinning Rod Reviews
And here is the list of the good pike spinning rods you need to know about:
2. Mojo Inshore Spinning Rod (by St Croix)
For a better fishing experience, Mojo Inshore Spinning Rod could be the ideal option for you. Made with specific inshore techniques, this is one of the best spinning rods out there. If you are looking for something on the cheaper end yet efficient, this is the pike rod for you.
The product is packed with features and is made with the latest techniques to give you exceptional performance at the river. Considering the built and the features of the product, it is designed for superior performance.
- It features high-quality SCII graphite.
- The product comes with hard aluminum-oxide guides along with corrosion-resistant black frames.
- It also has a split-grip cork handle, which makes it easier for you to use it.
- The product is also backed by a 5-year warranty.
- This product is also suitable for saltwater fishing and can present you with superior performance.
- It has two coats of flex coat slow cure finish.
- Superior performance
- 5-year warranty
- Advanced features
- Poor reel seat
3. Elite Spinning Rod (by Ugly Stik)
Durability and strength are the core advantages of this rod and if this is what you are looking for, then Elite Spinning Rod could be the perfect option for you. It definitely has more power and flexibility in comparison to other spinning rods. Made with 35% more graphite, this is one of the best models you can use for pike lure fishing.
This is a durable product which provides you with smooth fishing for a few hours (not more due to its weight). It is equipped with all the right features that you need in your pike spinning rod. From comfortable handhold to reliable hook sets, it has got everything on point. Also, the product is backed by a 7-year warranty! Not to mention that you can get this spinning rod at a very affordable rate.
- It is made with 35% more graphite, which makes a durable spinning rod.
- With a clear tip design, the product is made more responsive.
- It is also equipped with cork handles which provides you with a comfortable fishing experience even for longer hours.
- It comes with 1-piece stainless steel Ugly Tuff guides which removes insert pop-outs. Also, it can be used with different types of line.
- Exceptional strength
- 7-year warranty
- Heavy to use
4. Tiger Elite Spinning Fishing Rod (by Ugly Stik)
Here we have yet another impressive spinning rod from Ugly Stik. Tiger Elite Spinning Fishing Rod is one of the easy to use spinning rods you can avail out there for pike lure fishing. Using this product, you can have a great time chasing that trophy pike.
The product is designed for versatile fishing. Not just that, but it also has high sensitivity. If you want to go for a comfy fishing session, you should consider buying this product. Check out the features before you make your decision.
- This spinning rod is designed for versatile fishing on different types of coasts.
- With exceptional strength and durability, it is completely indestructible.
- The product is made with more graphite for higher sensitivity.
- With lightweight EVA grips, you can enjoy comfortable fishing even for lengthy durations.
- Insert pop-outs are prevented with the use of 1-piece stainless steel Ugly tuff guides.
- The product is also equipped with conventional reel seats along with stainless steel cushioned hoods.
- Higher sensitivity
- Made for versatile fishing
- Provides a comfortable fishing experience
5. Vursa Series Spinning Rod (by Fitzgerald Rods)
Vursa Series Spinning Rod is an ideal companion for the ones who are looking for a versatile product. It is one of the best pike spinning rods currently available in the market. Not just that, but it is also available at an affordable price. However, don’t let the price fool you as this is a quality product made by professional fishermen.
Take this rod to your next pike fishing trip and enjoy fishing like never before. The main highlight of the product is the Fitzgerald high modulus bank, which is designed to be extremely sensitive. Along with that, the spinning rod is also a long lasting one. It is equipped with all the right features that a high-quality spinning rod should have.
- The product is equipped with microwave guides for smoother and longer casts.
- It also comes with bulletproof airwave guides.
- With the Fitzgerald fishing modulus blank, you can get the best fishing experience you want.
- For extra comfort, the product comes with a slim grip design.
- It provides you with great performance.
- It is lightweight, which makes it easier for you to use it.
- High performance
- Extra sensitive
6. Elite Tech Walleye Spinning Fishing Rod (by Fenwicks)
Lastly, we have the Elite Tech Walleye Spinning Fishing Rod, which is known to offer you comfortable fishing when searching for that trophy northern pike. The product is designed to perform. With this spinning rod, you can have excellent fishing experience.
With titanium free guides and lightweight design, this is the pike spinning rod you need. The product comes with everything you could have asked for in a fishing rod.
- It comes with a hidden handle design reel seat which allows healthy function. This product is meant to provide you the ultimate comfort you need while pike lure fishing.
- The product is also equipped with titanium free guides which are lightweight and are also virtually bulletproof.
- With the TAC and cork handle design. The product provides a solid grip even when the handle is wet.
- The product is designed for ultra-light and light applications.
- Extremely comfortable
- Excellent design
- Lack of durability
How To Spool A Spinning Rod
- Place the spool of line label side up on the floor below a low table or chair.
- Pass the line from the spool through a phone book placed on the table or chair. This will provide the proper tension to the line and help prevent line twist when casting.
- Put the line through all of the guides on the fishing rod and pull an extra 1 1/2 feet of
- Tie a loop at the end of this 1 1/2 feet of line.
- Pass the line back through this loop to form a second loop.
- Place this second loop over the spool on your reel. Make sure the bail (the wire part of the reel) is open.
- Close the bail and turn the reel handle a few times. If the line is winding on the spool, no changes are needed. If the line is just sliding around the spool, open the bail and take the line off the spool and turn it around, placing the loop in the opposite direction of the first attempt.
- Continue winding line onto the reel until the spool is full to within 1/8 inch from the lip. Don’t overfill; it’ll cause a snarl in the line on the first cast.